PET URINE REMOVAL TREATMENTPet urine stain and odor removal in the Norfolk & VA Beach area
Pet Urine Removal That Actually Works
We love our pets, but sometimes they have accidents and leave pet urine in the carpet, which causes serious damage in many homes. When left to sit for a long time, pet urine can ruin your flooring and requires more restoration than just simple cleaning or spot treating. Luckily, with Chem-Dry’s revolutionary Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), many urine-soaked carpets can be saved if cleaned in time. P.U.R.T.® is formulated to specifically target tough pet urine and odor and stop the smell at its source while eliminating visible stains as well.
Thanks to Southside Chem-Dry, you don’t have to live with pet urine and stains any longer!
“Had a pet stain a sofa with feces. After cleanup and recommendation from Young’s Upholstery, they said a deep clean would be better to save the fabric and they recommended Chem-Dry. They were quick to respond and get to my home the next day. I was called the appointment day and updated to the arrival time. That was very helpful and worked great. The two technicians arrived and told me how they were going to clean the entire sofa. Three large seat cushions and three back cushions. Plus the rest of the sofa frame.They were professional, worked quickly and were very polite. They finished up and showed me what work was done and we took care of payment on the spot. They are a great service and good value, I would use them again”
What to Know About Pet Urine in Your Carpet
When pets urinate on your carpets, it doesn’t just stay on the surface of the carpet. Instead, it seeps lower and lower until it has reached the backing of the carpet and the flooring beneath the carpet. Oftentimes, your pets will have accidents in the same general location in your home without you knowing. This can cause serious damage to your carpet and flooring. It’s not just the damage you have to worry about, it’s the smell as well! As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates, but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple scrubbing or vacuuming will not remove this odor. That’s why you need our pet urine removal in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake!
How Our Pet Urine Removal Treatment Works
- First, the source and severity of the pet odor are identified. We’ll then apply a hot water rinse to extract most of the urine crystals.
- In severe cases, the carpet will be pulled back so the extent of the damage can be thoroughly evaluated.*
- The carpet pad will be removed and replaced if necessary.*
- If needed, odor-blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor to prevent odors from returning in the future.*
- Once the flooring is prepped according to your specific needs, P.U.R.T.® is applied heavily to the sub-floor, tack strip, carpet backing, and baseboards. It’s essential to apply the product heavily to each of the areas that have been affected by the urine.*
- The ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will continue to work over the next 24 to 36 hours, reacting with the urine and breaking down odor-causing components. The result will be fresh floors virtually free of pet odors and stains!
*Additional charges may apply based on your individual needs. Call Southside Chem-Dry at (757) 471-0087 with any questions regarding our P.U.R.T.® service.
We provide residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, tile & grout, and area rug cleaning services as well as pet urine removal and water damage restoration services throughout the Virginia Beach area including Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach & Portsmouth.
*Based on results of studies conducted by independent laboratories of the Chem-Dry HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction) and P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment). Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite matter. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Figures are an average across multiple tests.
Virginia Beach Carpet, Upholstery, Area Rug,
Tile & Grout Cleaning
Call for A Free Estimate:
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-7pm
Get In Touch: